Thank you for your interest! See below for our current open positions. Due to high volume, we may not be able to respond to each application.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, writing sample and links to work or portfolio to email@example.com with subject line “Communications Manager”.
About the Role
The Communications Manager is responsible for strategic management of social media and other communications efforts. The Communications Manager reports to Chief External Office.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Digital Communications and Social Media
- Design strategy and execution plan for all social media
- Liaise with graphic designer for content creation
- Draft posts for sharing on multiple channels; film & edit video
- Schedule daily posts across social media platforms and manage the social media calendar
- Grow and engage RJ’s audience across all relevant social networks
- Work with the Chief External Officer & Executive Director to coordinate and/or execute supporting social campaigns for key launches
- Update and maintain website
- Pitch and execute social content series and programming
- Monitor conversations and trends across social media platforms to respond timely and on brand
Public Relations and Team Communications
- Manage all relations and press relating to our First Watch media program
- Manage all Re:Store Justice social (instagram, facebook, twitter & YouTube
- Write press releases & pitch media
- Manage press contacts
- Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates, including wins, learnings, and opportunities for improvement
- Write Monthly promotional emails to our supporters
- Regularly update internal team about questions, product ideas, potential stories, and other trending topics
- Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications + Characteristics
- 3-5+ years of experience in social media management
- Skilled in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premier/Final Cut Pro and an expert in social media engagement
- Proven track record of successful social media community management and growing social followings
- Ability to develop strategy and execute against strategy
- Highly organized and proactive, always looking for ways to push Re:Store Justice’s social media forward while still keeping on top of the day-to-day
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Highly creative
- Subject-matter expertise: Experience with one or more aspects of Re:store’s (prisons, restorative justice, survivor engagement, criminal law, policy and advocacy)
- Communication skills: Clearly convey ideas and content of work verbally and in writing; Interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and external partners
- Problem-solving approach: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as well as skillfully gather and analyze information
- Judgment: Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; and make timely decisions
- Planning and organization: Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and develop realistic action plans
- Deeply mission-driven: Bring a strong commitment to transforming the legal system and society’s response to harm
- Humility: Approach colleagues, partners, and others with respect and humility
Commitment to Diversity + Inclusion
We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Re:Store Justice does not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Re:Store Justice is an equal opportunity employer.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
About Re:Store Justice
Mass and static incarceration will not be solved unless we address that which we are most afraid to talk about: violence crime and life sentences. Our mission is to change the way society and the justice system respond to violence & harm
Our approach is unique. Our work falls broadly into three categories:
- We support interpersonal restorative justice work using trauma-informed practices that enable proximity. This work is foundational to all that we do. It is anchored in self-reflection and the lived experience of our team.
- We facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue with victims of crime, responsible parties and others to encourage healing both behind the walls and in the larger communities where we work and live.
- We amplify the voices of those who are most impacted, we do this through a combination of storytelling, formal media engagements
- We advocate for policy reform and systems change that supports our mission.
Finally, we don’t just preach proximity, we live it. We are human rights activists, attorneys, restorative justice practitioners, survivors of crime, free and incarcerated. Founded in 2017, Re:Store was born out of a desire to work collaboratively to address the harm perpetuated by our justice system and a commitment to be guided in our work by voices that are closest to the issues.